To mix it up this year, I've decided to add a few limiting factors to my Christmas purchases. I vow to buy only gifts that are:
- handmade - crafted by me or someone else for a one-of-a-kind gift
- vintage - the dictionary defines vintage, "of lasting interest and importance; venerable; classic"
- local - there are a handful of shops I can count on in my area. Gotta support local businesses :)
You see, I've been planning this for a while. With 6 petals, a slew of super talented Etsy artists and vintage sellers, and a few local stores, I'll find the goods.
In the meantime, here are some favorites that fit into these three categories:
- m.marie for holiday dresses, handbags, jewelry...everything --my sister will thank me ;)
- Lasater Flowers & Gifts for some holiday (flower) cheer!
- This one's on my Christmas list...Groundwork Yoga. Om.
- La Vida Dolce. They have the neatest gold reptile cast mold ring of all time, I need it! Did you hear that Santa?!
Here's the catch: having everything wrapped by Dec. 24th. My Christmas cards are made, so that's a start!