Monday, May 09, 2011

::Project ReStyle // collared halter top::

A while back I saw an amazing Free People blue striped, collared halter top, but didn't buy it because I told myself I could make it. Fast forward 2 years and I finally did it.




Supplies: collared shirt {thrifted $2}, fabric scissors, needle + thread

Simple steps from left to right:
  • Start by cutting off the front portion of the sleeves, from the armpit to the collar. 
  • Continue on the back cutting from the armpit straight across the back {I left a 3" section connected in the back to add a braided detail}.
  • Snip the back piece.
  • Cut three strips in the longer bottom portion.
  • Braid the strips and make a few stitches to attach the braid to the top portion.

6 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT IDEA! Thanks for sharing!
    besos,lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome. I am going to do this today..
    Thanks so much for the awesome Idea!! Have a fantastic Day.
    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, I hope you don't mind, I used your cute Idea and linked it back to your blog.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute. I would love to make an oversize one for using as a cover-up. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

::thank you so much for your comment::