Tuesday, May 08, 2012

::healthful::

For the month of May I've vowed to drink green juice everyday and live off {mostly} fruits & vegetables. No meat. This isn't an attempt to become a vegetarian/vegan, though I fully respect that lifestyle. It's a challenge to eat more healthfully. Green juice is surprisingly sweet and filling! Every morning I juice whatever I picked up from the produce stand: kale, cucumber, apples (granny smith and pink lady usually), celery, ginger, cucumber, spinach, oranges – in some combination. Along with a banana, this holds me over until dinner when we roast, grill, bake or steam fresh vegetables. Have you ever seen purple asparagus? When you cook it, it turn green. Here's to eating colorfully...


No comments:

Post a Comment

::thank you so much for your comment::