Tuesday, February 18, 2014

succulent gardening at the hermitage

We celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday by taking her to a succulent gardening class over the weekend. There's this amazing little place in Norfolk, The Hermitage Museum & Gardens, that's bursting with character. It's nestled behind a residential neighborhood, and they have a building dedicated to Visual Arts. I really want to take the ceramics and weaving classes.





I love the way the vines have taken over the facade.

The class was focused on succulent gardens, the terrarium-style. But instead, my husband and I brought our growing collection to repot our succulents for Spring. Plus, a few were outgrowing their containers and it was time for some new digs.


A couple of the "before" stages. That one on the left was really wanting a bigger pot. The cactus, too.



How cute is that little guy playing the banjo? The instructor had various types of succulents, rocks and decorations to add to the gardens.



These are some of the "after" shots. A couple new succulents and the old ones with new pots to call home. I find most of my pots at antique shops and thrift stores. You could say I've found a new love for studio pottery.



Thanks for letting us share your birthday fun, Nikki! xo.


If you're in the Hampton Roads area, check out Glass Gardens by John to sign up for a class. Thanks, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment

::thank you so much for your comment::