Tuesday, October 12, 2010

::keep a breast::

Since it is October, it's appropriate to talk about boobs. In honor of breast cancer awareness month, I'd love to help spread the word. I mentioned my friend Leah earlier (at the end of this post). She's a pro longboarder and travels around the world promoting yoga, surfing, and a healthy lifestyle. This is where I learned about the Keep a Breast Foundation and I Love Boobies Campaign:



The Keep A Breast Foundation™ is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to help eradicate breast cancer by exposing young people to methods of prevention, early detection and support. Through art events, educational programs and fundraising efforts, we seek to increase breast cancer awareness among young people so they are better equipped to make choices and develop habits that will benefit their long-term health and well-being.
Did you know girls as young as 10 years old are being diagnosed with breast cancer? Just recently, a woman close to me had an operation to remove her breast due to the ugly disease. Which, would be an easy decision for me-- take my boobs (I never had much of them anyway). As heart-breaking as the stories are, it's important to share knowledge and talk about it, especially with your girlfriends.

The I Love Boobies Campaign has turned into an artist event as well. The artwork is made from a cast of a woman's body and hand painted. All for a good cause and spread the awareness. I've choosen a couple of my favorites for your viewing pleasure.


All images courtesy of Keep A Breast

No comments:

Post a Comment

::thank you so much for your comment::